Based in Hong Kong, he is the managing partner of Digital McKinsey in Asia Pacific and has broad experience in banking and insurance and focuses on insurance, asset management, and pension reform. Prior to this, he led the European Insurance and Asset Management Practice and was the managing partner of the Frankfurt office. Gregor has nearly 20 years experience in all parts of the value chain of financial institutions.
His recent engagements have included:
- supporting more than 40 transformational programs with leading financial and non-financial institutions globally, including IT and risk transformations
- developing and implementing digital strategies for leading institutions across industries
- leading the development of “attack”/greenfield business models
- developing top management information systems, budget processes and setting up the CFO function for leading global financial institutions
- supporting more than ten post-merger programs on integrating institutions including the respective IT merger and transformation efforts
- designing strategies for sovereign wealth funds across all asset classes
Prior to McKinsey, Gregor worked for universal banks in the area of wholesale and retail banking.
“Capturing the hybrid customer opportunity in insurance,” McKinsey & Company, December 2010 (Request a copy of the report)
University of Bamberg
MA, European economics
MA, finance and economics