Gloria leads McKinsey’s Center of Excellence in Machine Learning. With deep experience in the telecommunications, retail, and the financial services sectors, Gloria supports leading institutions on marketing, operations, and strategy. Her work often includes the sophisticated analysis of highly networked operations to derive insights into customer behavior and to set effective strategic direction.
Gloria has supported clients in more than 40 countries, from the Philippines to Chile, helping them achieve substantial and sustainable performance improvements. She believes passionately that the optimal solution is the enemy of the good solution and tailors McKinsey’s recommendations to an organization’s culture to ensure that they can be implemented successfully. In all of her work, building client capabilities is a core objective.
Examples of her work include:
- developing an analytical approach for a European bank to better understand churn and proactively move to retain valued customers
- guiding an effort at a large, multinational telecommunications operator to reduce capital expenditure needs by more than 25 percent
- supporting an initiative to use a “next product to buy” algorithm to improve cross-selling for the corporate and retail divisions of a European bank
- helping a global telecommunications multinational optimize its capital expenditure by identifying distinct customers journeys and understanding the return on investment for each segment
- revamping the end-to-end risk management approach for a European bank; the effort included setting improved risk models and adjusting front-line processes
Gloria first joined McKinsey in Madrid in 2001; she has also worked in the firm’s Copenhagen and Brussels offices and previously led the pricing group within the European Telecommunications practice. She collaborates with ESADE Business School on its Consulting MSC and Data Science Master’s degree program and leads McKinsey’s partnership in Spain with Ashoka, a non-profit that supports social entrepreneurs. She is part of the Barometer Comission at Círculo de Empresarios.
“The end of bad decisions: Advanced analytics and transformational leadership—a way forward for network operators,” McKinsey & Company, February 2016
“Educación en España. Motivos para la esperanza,” McKinsey & Company, January 2012 (PDF–6.51 MB)
“Trending now: The Web 2.0 data monetization opportunity,” Recall No. 15, January 2011 (PDF–298 KB)
“Una agenda de crecimiento para España,” McKinsey & Company in collaboration with FEDEA, 2010 (PDF–9.53 MB)
Senior Financial Analyst
Mitchell Madison Group
Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE)
Undergraduate degree in business
Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UNED)
Undergraduate degree in law