George is the managing partner of McKinsey in Greece.
He joined the firm in London in 1994 and led the opening of the Athens Office in 2000. During the past 10 years, George has worked extensively in the financial services, energy, and basic materials sectors in Greece, Turkey, and North Africa. Most recently, he has led major projects in the public, tourism, and infrastructure sectors. He has also served as president of the Athens Children’s Charity Association.
- Greece 10 years ahead, which analyzed Greece’s structural economic challenges and barriers to competitiveness and growth in conjunction with the government and major international and industrial organizations
- “Greece’s Growth Roadmap,” which focused on prioritizing six major investment & infrastructure developments, and articulating a compelling vision and growth plan for Greece
- the strategic allocation of the 2014-20 EU structural funds, which involved quantifying investment and infrastructure needs per sector to ensure the most critical projects received the money they needed
- Greek tourism strategic plan for 2013-20, which included working with the Ministry of Tourism to develop a detailed plan for six core tourism products and for all major source markets
- Marketing Greece, which involved the design, setup, and launch of a new entity that took over from the state the task of developing the marketing strategy and implementing below-the-line campaigns for Greek tourism
- the planning and preparation of the investment in the largest infrastructure and mixed-real-estate project ever undertaken in Greece
Harvard Business School
Athens University of Economics and Business
BA, economics and econometrics
The American College of Greece
BSc, Business administration