George is a senior partner in McKinsey’s Moscow office and a leader of our Oil & Gas Practice in eastern Europe. He serves clients in the oil and gas, mining, and metallurgy sectors, where he focuses on strategy development, organizational transformation, operations improvement, and procurement system enhancement as well as regulatory strategy and compliance.
George’s recent projects include:
- developing a growth strategy for a large vertically integrated oil company in Eastern Europe
- devising an investment strategy for developing a large oil-refining complex
- defining a program to turn around an oil company’s organizational structure and production business system
- devising a development strategy for the national oil sector
- implementing a large-scale operations improvement program at oil-producing and refining assets
- developing a concept for the organization of materials and services procurement
- defining principles for motor-fuel market regulation
- building up processes and management systems for large-scale modernization and capital construction processes
- implementing operations improvement programs at mining companies
Before joining McKinsey, George worked as a cardiologist at the Institute of Cardiology in Georgia and as a scientific associate for Merck, Sharp & Dohme, an international chemicals and pharmaceuticals company.
Merck, Sharp, & Dohme
Institute of Cardiology, Georgia
Tbilisi State Medical University, Georgia