Frank leads our Europe, Middle East, and Africa Consumer Packaged Goods Operations Group and co-leads our global Consumer Operations Practice. He seeks to expand the impact of our support to global and European packaged-goods manufacturers as they address critical aspects of operations in the consumer-goods industry.
Frank works with executives in an advisory capacity to transform existing supply chains and design new operating models in order to control costs, increase margins, and enhance competitiveness by doing more with less. Beyond operations strategy, Frank’s interests in operational effectiveness have led to projects focused on optimizing SG&A functions and achieving successful zero-based budgeting.
Examples of his recent client work include:
- orchestrating a two-year comprehensive transformation program for a leading food manufacturer, covering planning, manufacturing, plant network, logistics, and supply-chain organization
- helping a global food company revamp its supply-chain process with a focus on optimizing stocking efficiency
- implementing a new operating model for a consumer-packaged-goods company’s supply function to lower costs, increase flexibility, and boost efficiency
- leading a comprehensive redesign of a leading consumer-goods company’s corporate center across all major functions
- helping a leading consumer-packaged-goods company execute a service-level turnaround with a control tower approach that comprehensively improved sales and operations planning
- helping several leading consumer-goods companies benchmark their SG&A costs and implement strategies to control effectiveness
Keenly interested in the future and dynamics of the consumer industry, Frank publishes frequently to share insights and spark debate. He wrote his doctoral thesis on electronic-transport marketplaces. Frank speaks German and English.
“My supply chain is better than yours—or is it?,” McKinsey & Company, April 2017
“Digital innovation in consumer-goods manufacturing,” McKinsey & Company, November 2016
“A perfect storm brewing in the global beer business,” McKinsey and Company, June 2015
“Is your supply-chain operating model right for you?,” McKinsey & Company, June 2014
“Consumer-value operations: An integrated approach to operational excellence,” McKinsey & Company, March 2013
University of Cologne
PhD, business administration;
MA, business administration