With 15 years of oil and gas experience maintaining more recently executive positions at leading major oil and gas operators, Francesco has demonstrated expertise in managing and transforming performance of oil and gas assets in North America, Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. His experience encompasses all operational imperatives including also capital efficiency, workforce productivity, asset integrity and safety.
Since joining McKinsey in November 2015, Francesco has focused on supporting company executives to achieve asset transformation and pursue upstream oil-and-gas-operations excellence. This work includes improving well and reservoir management, drilling efficiency, production performance, as well as undertaking mature field redevelopment. He improves operations management including cost- and labor-efficiency, boosts facility reliability and availability, optimizes contracting and procurement, and ensures capital efficiency.
Examples of Francesco’s recent client work include the following:
- Leading the operations transformation efforts for a major oil company in West Africa as interim COO
- leading the design of a new organizational structure and a plan for cost savings and production efficiency for a supermajor oil and gas company with upstream assets in West Africa
- directing an effort to streamline operating costs for a small, independent oil and gas company with upstream assets in West Africa; this effort included designing an agile midstream organization
- leading the turnaround and redevelopment of mature onshore and offshore oil and gas fields in northern Mexico for the exploration and production division of a FTSE 100 company
- leading the design phase of a transformation program, including both redevelopment and development, for a major national oil company in Eastern Europe
Francesco is a native speaker of Italian and is fluent in English, French, and Spanish, with basic proficiency in Arabic and German. He has won several significant honors and awards from the Society of Petroleum Engineers and is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Petrofac Integrated Energy Services
Deputy operations director
IE Business School
Global executive MBA
Imperial College London
MSc, petroleum engineering
Polytechnic University of Milan
MSc, mechanical engineering