Fábio has led our work for consumer-goods companies and retailers in Latin America for the past 7 years. He serves Latin America’s leading consumer-goods companies and supports multinational companies entering or strengthening their position in the region.
Since joining McKinsey in 1996, Fábio has worked across many functions, including marketing and sales, operations, strategy, and organization.
Examples of his recent client work include:
- leading a major operations transformation for a local consumer-goods company, substantially improving the company's profitability over 2 years
- developing and implementing a go-to-market strategy for a national beverage company
- delivering a revenue-growth-management program and building organizational capability to sustain impact for a consumer-goods company
- helping a leading national player complete a 3-year turnaround program that doubled sales and profitability
- supporting a supermarket chain, a leading food company, and a maker of branded beverages in postmerger situations
One of Fábio’s primary focal points in his client work is helping his clientele master the opportunities and challenges that tend to arise from industry restructuring. He has been working with a world-class consumer company over several years, tackling functions such as marketing and sales, strategy, organization, and operational improvements, globally—including in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, China, and parts of Europe.
Additionally, Fábio has made key contributions to our consumer knowledge development—in particular, he has aided in the development of the Global Growth Compass and CityNav, a proprietary database that provides a granular perspective on consumer growth in cities. Clients can use these tools to assess growth opportunities at the country, category, and city level.
Fábio also contributed to the Economist’s special report Brazil takes off—Latin America’s big success story.
“Meet the new Brazilian consumer,” McKinsey & Company, June 2016
“How to go small for big growth opportunities in Brazil’s consumer markets,” McKinsey & Company, September 2015
“Survey results: For packaged goods companies, winning in Latin America is worth more than you think,” McKinsey & Company, September 2014
“Getting to know you: How to reach Brazil’s burgeoning middle class,” McKinsey Consumer & Shopper Insights, 2012 (PDF–793KB)
“What companies need to know about Brazil’s luxury consumers,” McKinsey Consumer & Shopper Insights, 2012
“Finding profits and growth in emerging markets,” McKinsey Consumer & Shopper Insights, 2012
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Instituto Tecnológico da Aeronáutica
BS, electronic engineering