Eric joined McKinsey in 2014. He has more than 20 years’ experience in interim management, turnarounds, cross-border financial, and operational transformations. He has served debtors and creditors of underperforming, stressed, and distressed companies. He is also one of the few turnaround experts in the world to have CEO and Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) mandates in Asia for a broad range of companies. While at McKinsey, he served as Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) of a large oil and gas business in Australasia.
Prior to joining McKinsey, he was:
- CEO of two large publicly listed steel producers in Thailand
- General Manager Asia for a leading electronics connector business owned by private equity
- CEO and CRO of Rubicon Offshore, an FPSO (floating production storage offloading) business in Australasia. Eric completed a debt restructuring, hired a new management team, and streamlined operations.
- CEO and CRO of a ASAT Ltd., a global provider of semiconductor assembly, test, and package-design services with operations in China. In addition to improving the business, he led the sale of operations to United Test and Assembly Center Ltd.
- Executive director of two Australia-based beef processors
- CEO of Daka Designs Ltd. after an investigation into accounting practices
Prior to joining McKinsey RTS, Eric was a managing director at AlixPartners and a senior director at Alvarez & Marsal.
Eric currently resides in Singapore. He speaks fluent German and Spanish, as well as basic Thai.
Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
MBA, international business
BA, comparative area studies and German