Doan leads our Chemicals and Agriculture work in Southeast Asia, serving public- and private-sector clients across a range of industries including petrochemicals, agriculture, refining, and pharmaceuticals to unlock growth and transform businesses. Moving to Singapore in 2016 after working previously in McKinsey’s Geneva and Hanoi offices, she also brings expertise working with public and social sector clients in public health and economic development, having served clients across North America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Doan has led numerous programs in strategy, business transformations, and functional excellence for sales & marketing, R&D and operations. She has also worked alongside clients to develop and implement new approaches in applying well tested private sector diagnostic and performance management tools in public and social sector settings (e.g., low-income country systems) to help ensure clear prioritization, impact and sustainability.
Doan’s recent work includes:
- leading a holistic business performance transformation and capability building program for a downstream oil & gas company in Southeast Asia.
- working with a global integrated agriculture company to assess and further develop their portfolio strategy for high and profitable market growth in Asia; particularly in China and Indonesia
- developing the supplier strategy for a large agrochemical company by leveraging their purchasing power to help strengthen local economic development in terms of increasing employment, securing company performance and enhancing country capabilities.
- assessing market potential and performance improvement opportunities for a leading integrated agriculture company in Southeast Asia with key business area focus on inputs and rice production, processing and commercialization.
- Working with a large state owned agriculture / agrochemical company on strategy development to leverage the purchasing power and develop its supplier base
- Supporting a Southeast Asian government in the development of their economic development strategy based on assessment and prioritization of key economic growth sectors
In addition to serving clients, Doan has a significant interest in public-private partnerships. She is passionate about the potential of these partnerships and has spoken on these issues to a wide range of audiences.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Doan was a medicinal chemist working in immunology, oncology, metabolic diseases and cardiovascular disease.
“Myanmar's moment: Unique opportunities, major challenges,” McKinsey Global Institute, June 2013
California Institute of Technology
Ph.D., organic chemistry