Detlev focuses on advising automotive and industrial clients on corporate and business-unit strategies. He also has extensive experience supporting companies on transformation programs and organizational-change issues.
Detlev joined McKinsey in 1992. In the past two decades, he has served clients in Europe, the United States, China, and Brazil. Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- supporting a leading automotive OEM over multiple years on a large number of strategic and growth-related topics
- helping an automotive manufacturer optimize its sales and marketing operations—including marketing-spend effectiveness, dealer effectiveness, and dealership-network strategy and expansion
- supporting a leading provider of rail equipment on a comprehensive transformation program
- working with an electronics manufacturer on a global growth program
- supporting change and transformation programs
Detlev holds master’s and doctorate degrees in finance from the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland.
“An integrated perspective on the future of mobility,” McKinsey & Company, October 2016
Deutsche Bank AG
University of St. Gallen
PhD and MBA in finance