Darryl Piasecki started at the firm as a summer associate and joined us full-time in 2008. He has led strategic and operational engagements for senior leadership teams in a variety of sectors, including industrial, manufacturing, chemicals, travel and transport, and private equity.
Examples of his work include the following:
- leading an enterprise-wide diagnostic and transformation for a major industrial producer, including overall diagnostics of strategy, commercial functions, operations, and strategic sourcing
- developing a multi-year growth strategy to achieve corporate aspirations for a chemical manufacturer
- implementing advanced simulation modeling to optimize major capital projects for a major transportation provider
- developing a transportation strategy for a major US city, including all modes of transportation, both commercial and private
- building a maintenance operations efficiency improvement program for a metropolitan rail operator
- conducting private-equity strategic due diligence in industrial materials and consumer durables
Before joining McKinsey, Darryl was a F/A-18 weapons systems officer in the US Marine Corps. He is a TOPGUN graduate and has served in a variety of instructor and leadership roles.
US Marine Corps
F/A-18 weapons systems officer
University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
University of Missouri
MS, systems engineering
US Naval Academy