Since joining the firm in 1998, Daniele has worked on a wide variety of strategic, organizational, operational and business-building projects for investment banking clients.
Recent client engagements include advising multiple leading European banking firms on strategy, organizational restructuring, and business process reviews. Daniele, who is a Chartered Financial Analyst, has worked with several universal and global investment banks on wholesale banking strategy and implementation in the capital markets, investment banking and securities services business units (both front and back office). He has also worked with several major European and global banks in defining and implementing liquidity strategy, liquidity policy and treasury organization, and with a major European bank in reviewing and implementing new funds-transfer pricing, funding plan and monitoring tools.
Other assignments for European banks include:
- developing a worldwide derivatives (equity, FI, FX, commodity) strategy
- implementing a 3-year growth plan in Europe, Asia and U.S. in commodities strategy
- defining and implementing derivatives sales for small and medium enterprises (Italy, Benelux, Germany)
- helping with several growth strategy projects in wholesale banking in Asia
- splitting a corporate banking business into a separate legal entity, reviewing its custody and fund administration business, evaluating, selling and spinning off the securities services business;
- advising several European universal banks on their information technology, operations strategy and operating models in capital markets and corporate banking in Europe
Prior to joining McKinsey, Daniele worked for 5 years at Deutsche Bank.
PhD, BA, economics