As a partner in McKinsey’s Business Technology Practice, Catharine serves clients across multiple industries to help solve technology-enabled sales and marketing issues. Catharine also is the North American Practice leader of the Multichannel service line.
Catharine brings deep expertise in developing customer-driven strategies and service-delivery models, including digital B2B strategies and capabilities. Her most recent client contributions were in the insurance and banking sectors, where she helped companies in projects, including business-transformation initiatives, channel distribution and technology-strategy development, and sales & marketing operations and enablement.
Specific contributions include the following:
- Developing the B2B portal strategy, business case, implementation road map and use cases for a client. The project included conducting customer focus groups and developing a best-practices library for the client
- Developing the channel-distribution strategy and capability road map for a global retail financial-services firm, including identifying trends in digital technologies, determining the transformation and governance approach, and estimating potential value and returns on investment
- Defining the integrated customer-data strategy, architecture, and governance model to help a complex, multiproduct, multigeography business achieve a 360-degree view of its customer base and meet compliance requirements
- Designing a horizontal call-center operating model and assessing the enterprise-telephony platform options, implementation approach, and business-process-outsourcing strategy for a client that required an efficient global virtual call-center floor
- Defining the household-lending strategy, operating model, and business case for a retail bank, including sales and service operations, technology investments, and risk-management requirements
Before joining McKinsey, Catharine led strategic marketing and sales operations for a retail financial business, and spent ten years with Accenture where she supported client business-strategy initiatives, product and channel reinvention, customer-relationship-management projects, and business transformations and technology implementations.
“A business-back approach to technology consumption,” McKinsey on Payments, June 2011 (PDF–86.9 KB)
Bank of America
Leader, Wealth marketing
Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
BS in business administration