As the global leader of the Marketing & Sales group within our Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products Practice, Brian focuses on crucial issues facing companies in this sector when launching products and services or looking for other strategic sources of growth. He has worked with a broad range of clients, including those who make the products—branded and non-branded pharmaceutical companies, personal care, and medical product manufacturers—and those who establish the market: distributors, pharmacy benefit managers, and retail pharmacies.
Brian works with executives to successfully market on digital platforms, engage consumers, evaluate marketing budgets, build marketing capability, and design the marketing organization. He applies creative strategic insights to boost performance across the value chain, from manufacturing to retail. And he helps identify new sources of growth, through acquisition or expansion.
Examples of his work include:
- assisting a leading specialty pharmaceutical company in launching a major new antidepressant drug
- leading strategy development, go-to-market planning, and reorganization efforts for a top medical products manufacturer and distributor
- supporting a top-10 pharmaceutical company with due diligence and the announcement of a major acquisition
- creating a growth strategy and operations scaling plan for a mail pharmacy, including the redesign of its online pharmacy
- creating a long-range strategic plan for a leading generic pharmaceutical company, addressing all markets and functions
- guiding a retail pharmacy to expand into specialty drugs and new services.
In addition to his work at McKinsey, Brian is a member of Google’s Healthcare Advisory Board, where he and other industry leaders explore innovative digital marketing strategies. He has also served as a judge for the marketing awards competition sponsored by Medical Marketing & Media.
“Closing the digital gap in pharma,” McKinsey & Company, November 2016
“How pharma companies can better understand patients,” McKinsey & Company, May 2016
“How medical-device manufacturers can transform marketing and sales capabilities,” McKinsey & Company, March 2014
Product marketing manager
Fletcher Spaght Inc.
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of MBA Management
BA, social psychology (magna cum laude)