Axel works at the intersection of technology and operations. A leader in our High Tech, Telecommunications, and Operations Practices in Europe, he directs our work in operations-related advanced data and analytics. He has extensive experience applying sophisticated analytical tools and predictive models to help clients optimize operations and improve performance.
Drawing on his deep knowledge of technology-enabled operations, Axel often advises clients on topics related to product development, purchasing, supply chain, and manufacturing. Axel also leads McKinsey's global work in Supply Chain Management. Recent client projects include the following:
- providing long-term support for a multinational mobile-phone company on topics ranging from corporate strategy to cost-of-sales and operating-expenditure reduction, supply-chain improvement, and customer churn management through analytics and big data
- helping a leading industrial company leverage maintenance data to better predict failure in key machinery through statistical modeling and creation of new algorithms
- assisting a leading high tech company leverage their Big Data assets to create new service lines for their customers
- helping a leading telecom-network-equipment company develop its corporate strategy and undertake a reorganization
- assisting a global data-storage company in an effort to improve purchasing and optimize R&D processes—yielding cost reductions averaging 30 percent across several categories
Axel is based in Hong Kong and joined McKinsey in 1999.
“Digital music’s Asian beat,” McKinsey Quarterly, November 2016
Stockholm School of Economics
MS, accounting and finance