Arne leads our transformational change work in Asia and directs our global Change Leaders Forum, an event which convenes senior executives leading major transformation efforts. He co-leads McKinsey Academy and is the co-founder and chairman of Aberkyn, a leadership consultancy in the Netherlands operated in partnership with McKinsey.
In all these capacities, Arne improves both the quality and impact of executive leadership, building lasting institutional capabilities that drive transformational, visionary change. More broadly, Arne helps companies in sectors such as finance, the public-sector, and healthcare develop comprehensive transformation programs that boost operational performance and improve organizational health. In over a decade and a half with McKinsey, he has helped thousands of business and government executives hone and expand their leadership.
First based in the Netherlands and now residing in Southeast Asia, Arne has extensive experience across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia—in particular Qatar, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Vietnam and Korea.
Examples of his work include:
- crafting a human-resources strategy for a leading European telecommunications company, including design and delivery of a leadership program for top executives
- designing and executing a leadership development program for the executives of a major Dutch hospital
- supporting the operational transformation of a leading Dutch health-insurance cooperative; work included realigning the commercial strategy and establishing a leadership academy to train executives in lean operations
- revamping the operations and human resources systems of a European state's tax authority, including delivering a development program to close a pressing leadership deficit
- developing an extensive post merger strategy for a global dairy cooperative, including organizational design, executive leadership development, and post merger human-resources system redesign
- designing and delivering a global leadership program for 1,000 executives in a large Korean family-owned multinational, integrating a new mission in support of market-repositioning
Passionate about education, Arne works with teachers in more than 100 Dutch schools, mentoring young students of Moroccan origin. He also volunteers with a network of schools for highly gifted children and at several universities.
“Digital hives: Creating a surge around change,” McKinsey Quarterly, April 2015
“The role of boards in transformational change: An interview with the Chairman of India’s ICICI Bank,” in Voices on bank transformation, McKinsey Leadership Development, March 2015
“The social side of strategy,” McKinsey Quarterly, May 2012
Erasmus University Rotterdam