Andrew Pickersgill is a senior partner in McKinsey & Company’s Toronto office. Andrew has spent over 18 years serving clients in financial services, telecom, and retail on topics including digital, marketing analytics, front-line sales and customer experience. He led McKinsey’s Consumer Marketing Practice in the Americas and is the managing partner of McKinsey & Company Canada.
A sample of Andrew’s recent client experience includes the following:
- Building a product platform and agile organization for a financial services organization needing to digitize their B2B offering
- Architecting a series of ‘labs’ to digitize key banking journeys for a retail bank
- Designing a global digital marketing organization and series of global playbooks for a global bank that improved its digital marketing ROI by 3x
- Defining a digital strategy for a cable operator to double sales and e-care adoption
- Driving a multiyear sales transformation for a cableco to deliver $1 billion in incremental annual revenues in their key channels, especially call centers
- Starting up a retention center for a cableco; grounded in propensity to churn and CLTV analytics
- Designing a marketing and sales transformation for a communications company including the launch of several revenue growth levers and the reorganization of 3000+ employees
- Crafting an enhanced go-to-market model for a cable company in the small business segment, driving 20%+ gains in revenue per order and close rate
- Partnering with a communications company on their entrance into the wireless market, including definition of pricing offers and distribution mix
Before joining McKinsey, Andrew spent several years as an investment banker in Canada and Europe. He also worked for manufacturer structuring joint ventures in Russia and Kazakhstan.
Andrew has an honors BA in economics from Queen’s University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.