Andreas founded the Automotive Sales and Marketing Group at McKinsey Europe and has led it for the past five years. He now leads McKinsey’s Automotive Supplier sector in EMEA and has recently been working with the the CLEPA European Association of Automotive Suppliers to create a global perspective for suppliers.
Since joining McKinsey over two decades ago, Andreas has mainly worked in the automotive and automotive supply industries and in the fields of consumer and industrial electronics with a special focus on strategy, sales and marketing, branding, product positioning, and product development.
Some of his recent client work includes:
- redesigning the sales and marketing department for an automotive supplier
- launching a new product line for an automotive company
- optimizing product positioning and branding for a successor model
- supporting a conquest- and royalty-focused retail initiative for a premium OEM
- launching a European sales stimulation program for a mobile manufacturer
- supporting a retail optimization program for a passenger car OEM
Prior to joining McKinsey, Andreas co-founded a software consulting company where he worked until joining the firm in 1994. Andreas is a native German speaker, but is also proficient in Dutch, English, French, and Spanish.
Technical University of Aachen
MS in mechanical engineering
WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Koblenz