Anders is one of the founders of our Corporate Finance Practice with focus on transactions and CFOs. He has an interest in helping chief financial officers excel in their roles and has been a driving force in McKinsey’s CFO forums, which convene groups of finance executives for valuable learning opportunities and peer conversations.
Anders has brought his corporate-finance and risk-management experience to national and international oil companies, helping them improve their competitive positions and prepare for future growth.
His recent work includes the following:
- offering multiyear M&A support to a leading European industrial company, covering acquisitions, postmerger management, divestitures, and joint venues
- helping a world-leading oilfield-services company define a growth strategy, secure debt financing, and prepare for an initial public offering
- developing and implementing a performance-management and planning system for an international oil company, establishing metrics to boost performance in more than ten countries
- helping a leading international oil company establish a cash-flow-at-risk approach to making important business decisions, including portfolio choices, resource allocation, and project prioritization
- leading a 3-year effort at a leading national oil company to implement enterprise risk management, including factoring risk into priority setting for capital projects
A Danish citizen living in the United Kingdom, Anders is fluent in Danish, German, and English.
"Making better decisions about the risks of capital projects," McKinsey & Company, May 2014
"When to divest support services," McKinsey & Company, July 2009
Risk analyst and equity portfolio manager
Aarhus School of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign