Before joining the Moscow office in 2008, Alexander was based in McKinsey’s Stockholm branch.
Alexander is co-leader of McKinsey’s Telecom Operations and Technologies practice in Europe.
Examples of recent projects:
- Implementation of transformations to improve efficiency in the Russian division of a leading global telecoms company;
- Implementation of large-scale operational transformations in several banks and telecoms companies;
- Execution of one of the biggest deals in Europe in the field of IT outsourcing, covering software design and support and creation of infrastructure;
- Design of a supplier sourcing strategy for several large telecoms companies and banks;
- Post-merger management of companies in the telecoms and banking sectors.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Alexander headed up GEKKO, a Swedish payment services start-up.
Chalmers University of Technology (Gothenburg, Sweden)
B.Sc. in software development
M.Phil. in management