Alex heads up our marketing and sales work in Eastern Europe, CIS, Middle East, Turkey and Africa, and our projects for retail, consumer goods and pharmaceutical manufacturers in Russia and the CIS.
His work in retail has been focused around new format creation, store operations, supply chain, purchasing and M&A. Alex’s FMCG work has been mostly around distribution management, branding and M&A across various categories. Alex also leads commercial transformations in TMT space for mobile operator and Internet companies. Since joining the Firm, Alex has served individual entrepreneurs and corporate clients in CIS, Eastern and Western Europe, Asia, Latin America and the US. Alex is fluent in Russian, English and Hebrew.
Examples of recent projects include:
- launch of new business for consumer goods company
- commercial transformation of a leading mobile operator
- optimizing store operations for a leading non-food retailer
- supply chain optimization for a leading retailer
- establishing an advanced analytics unit for a leading retailer
- launch of several OTT solutions
- launch of on-line market place
- commercial restructuring of a major grocery player
- post-merger integration of two major packaged goods company
- distribution system for a leading packaged goods company
- turnaround of a major consumer goods company
Before joining McKinsey, Alex worked for international private equity funds and ran operations for the L’Oreal Group.
Tel Aviv University
BSc, business administration; computer science