Alex leads McKinsey’s North American Service Operations work, which helps clients transform their customer experience, digital and advanced analytics capabilities, frontline and sales effectiveness, and business support functions—to achieve step-change improvements in cost and profitability.
With deep experience in serving major financial institutions, Alex also leads our Financial Services Practice in the Midwest region and is a core leader in the Insurance Practice in the Americas. Over his 15 years with McKinsey, he has advised insurers, banks and other financial institutions on topics including service operations, enterprise strategy, technology, digital, advanced analytics, distribution, underwriting, claims, marketing, and cost.
His recent experience includes:
- working with a leading financial-services institution to develop a digital and advanced analytics strategy, including a 3-year roadmap with technology implications
- working with a major financial institution to shape a comprehensive front-line transformation program to achieve industry-leading customer experience, employee engagement, efficiency, and growth performance
- supporting a large insurer to develop a comprehensive distribution strategy concentrating on small business, middle market, and specialty products across both independent-agent and broker distribution channels
- helping a major multiline insurer optimize marketing spend across media, channels, and products
- leading the development of a comprehensive data-monetization and analytics-based growth strategy for a major financial institution
Alex is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). He is an active supporter of the American India Foundation (AIF), and serves on the Board of Trustees of the John G. Shedd Aquarium in Chicago.
“From touchpoints to journeys: Seeing the world as customers do,” McKinsey & Company, March 2016
“The next-generation operating model for the digital world,” McKinsey & Company, March 2017
“Building a culture of continuous improvement in insurance” (PDF-1.4 MB), McKinsey & Company, April 2015
Arthur Andersen LLP
University of Chicago Booth School of Business
MBA, strategy, finance, and entrepreneurship
University of Illinois, Urbana
BS, finance and accounting