As the global leader of our work in medical products operations, Ajay helps companies enter new markets, introduce new products, and make their operations more efficient and effective. With a background in both engineering and business, he has brought his expertise to bear across a variety of industries, most notably in automotive, financial services and healthcare. Keenly focused on the potential for partnership between producers and their suppliers, he has advised on many successful efforts to transform sourcing and supply chain practices.
In recent years, Ajay has offered guidance to executives mainly in the pharmaceuticals and medical products industries&mdashadvising on operations topics including sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing & design-to-value, leading restructuring and cost reduction efforts, and planning for business expansion.
Examples of his work include:
- helping a global medical products redesign their product distribution strategy across continents, implement new supply chain and procurement organizations
- developing an over-the-counter private label strategy for a large healthcare player, aimed at expanding product portfolio and scaling operations to grow revenues by 10X within next 5 years
- developing a manufacturing network strategy for global medical devices manufacturer to support growth plans, and addressing capacity shortage
- restructuring asset deployment, procurement supply chain planning and developing new operating model for a leading medical implants manufacturer. Counseled executives through top level transition
- designing procurement and production strategies for large global pharmaceutical company entering a generic product market; the effort included materials sourcing and marketing plans
Before joining McKinsey in 2006, Ajay was a senior manager for a global automotive supplier, where he participated in post-merger integration with several global companies. Ajay has published several articles in medical products supply management and has spoken several times in industry conferences on operations topics in pharmaceuticals and medical products sector
“Beyond supplier negotiations: The future of medical product procurement,” Quest for Excellence: Driving a step change in medical products operations, McKinsey & Company, 2014
University of Michigan–Stephen M. Ross School of Business
MBA, corporate strategy & marketing
University of Mysore–Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering
BE, electronics & telecommunication (with distinction)