Agesan has developed multiple new approaches that deliver rapid impact in the resources sector by leveraging advanced analytics to achieve the next horizon in performance improvement. He has also led multiple turnaround and growth strategies for clients in the global energy and materials sector. His extensive work in Brazil, Canada, and South Africa, and his leadership of projects in Australia, China, India, United Kingdom, and United States, have helped clients improve their performance and prepare for the future.
Agesan has expertise in electricity and resources and the intersection between these (including coal and uranium). Functionally, he has deep experience in commodity perspectives, growth strategy, cost optimization, and financial and corporate planning.
His recent client service includes:
- developing a large-scale turnaround strategy for a major energy company
- implementing operational-improvement programs across several large coal mines
- driving yield improvement at a major gold mine
- supporting a global nickel-mining company’s yield improvement after a period of rising costs and declining prices
- advising a large phosphate-mining company on opportunities to improve yield across its plants
Agesan is also engaged in understanding climate-change regulations for mining and energy clients, with a particular focus on the potential from new technologies including energy storage and renewables. In addition, he supports several nonprofit organizations in South Africa.
“How big data can improve manufacturing,” McKinsey & Company, July 2014
Assistant equity analyst
University of KwaZulu-Natal