Adrian leads McKinsey's Business Technology Practice on the West Coast and has extensive experience in technology-enabled transformations and deployment, including Smart Grid, Smart Meter/AMI, demand-side management, solar, and other renewable energy and IT opportunities. Adrian also leads our work with the engineering and construction industry in North America and is a member of the Electric Power & Natural Gas Practice.
Adrian co-authored and edited the ‘McKinsey on Smart Grid’ compilation.
- Led McKinsey’s knowledge effort in developing an IT utility perspective including a broad look at customer billing, metering, and the grid
- Helped lead the development of an organization and governance structure for a $10+ billion infrastructure project
- Assisted in the creation of a business and go-to-market strategy for multiple IT solution providers to build or expand in energy verticals
- Supported development of the strategy, business case, and delivery models for several large utilities’ Smart Grid initiatives in North America and Europe
- Managed the program office for the transformation of a $1+billion integrated demand-side organization at a large power client
Before joining McKinsey, Adrian worked at an enterprise software firm and helped develop a boutique strategy consulting firm in Boston.
“Making infrastructure exciting: An interview with Peter Dawson,” McKinsey & Company, August 2015
University of Pennsylvania–Wharton School of Business