Aditya Pande, based in Chicago, helps lead the Digital McKinsey Practice, where he spends most of his time working on technology topics that affect enterprises and technology-service providers. He also focuses on building the health and capabilities of employees to ensure the transformation is sustainable.
Examples of his work include the following:
- serving the CIO and CEO of a large global bank to establish and scale a digital transformation across both customer and internal processes
- serving the CIO and CFO of a large utility to help drive a two-part IT transformation aimed at achieving more digital outcomes as well as improving IT performance
- serving the CFO and the chief claims officer of a large insurance company to help them transform their claims-processing organization to achieve more consistent claims handling while improving customer experience and employee satisfaction
- working with the CEO and head of business of a large global IT-services provider to help them create a global next-generation delivery organization that achieved higher productivity and quality scores from their customers and helped them win new business
- serving the COO and CIO of a global airline company to help them lay out a multiyear IT-transformation roadmap and program. As part of this work, Aditya also led an effort to help the client improve systems availability to ensure minimal customer disruptions
- working with a large technology hardware company in improving sales-force productivity. This involved applying lean-manufacturing principles to how sales teams worked on a daily basis
- working with a semiconductor manufacturer to apply lean manufacturing principles to improve their capital-asset utilization globally, and helping them rationalize and plan future capital investments
- leading an IT-performance transformation at a large global petroleum company across their IT group. As part of this effort, he helped identify and capture significant productivity and quality improvements within the year, while helping them functionally reorganize
Prior to joining McKinsey, Aditya worked at Larsen & Toubro, a large engineering company in India, where he was the lead design engineer for the flagship industrial-drive product. While earning his MS in electrical engineering at Stanford University, he was awarded a fellowship to research new and emerging wireless technologies and applications for 3Com Corporation.
“Five questions boards should ask about IT in a digital world,” McKinsey & Company, July 2016
“How to make Onshoring work,” Harvard Business Review, March 2011
MS, electrical engineering
Delhi College of Engineering
BS, electrical engineering