Aamer Baig is a senior partner in the Advanced Industries, Digital McKinsey, and Public Sector Practices. He leads our Digital and Advanced Analytics client service lines for Advanced Industries, which include the Aerospace & Defense, Automotive & Assembly, and Advanced Electronics sectors. He also leads McKinsey’s client service for several US states.
For the past 20 years, Aamer has helped clients use digital technologies to drive innovation, transform customer experience, and improve productivity, while building organizational capabilities to sustain impact.
Examples of his engagements across several sectors include:
- developing a digital-and-analytics strategy and transformation agenda for a global aerospace-and-defense company
- leading the successful merger of two service companies in the defense sector, and supporting the successful merger of equals of semiconductor companies
- defining a business-value-driven digital-and-technology plan for a major engine manufacturer
- helping a large US state with its transformation agenda across a variety of program areas, including health and human services, technology, corrections, and economic development
- helping a US state with its reform agenda in transportation, IT, capability building, procurement, and tax/revenue collections
In addition to his client work, Aamer is on McKinsey’s global committee that reviews candidates for partner election. He is also the global learning lead for Digital McKinsey, responsible for creating and delivering programs that build digital capabilities for McKinsey consultants.
“How US state governments can improve customer service,” McKinsey & Company, December 2014
Diamond Management & Technology Consultants
Managing partner, Financial Services Practice
American Management Systems (now CGI)
Carnegie Mellon University
University of Texas at Austin
BBA, management information systems