New York Ideas panel discussion highlights
What are the most interesting and innovative ways cities are dealing with increased urbanization, crumbling infrastructure, and global issues such as securing the water supply and preventing crime? How are American cities positioning themselves to compete globally, and what are the best practices and worst realities of being mayor? What is the role of cities in the intersection of public, private, and non-profit sector collaborations?
The Mayors of Atlanta and Houston and the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, City of New York discuss these questions at the New York Ideas event, organized by The Atlantic and the Aspen Institute, which took place at the New York Historical Society on April 16-17, 2012.
- Doug Haynes, director, McKinsey & Company
- Hon. Kasim Reed, Mayor, City of Atlanta
- Hon. Annise Parker, Mayor, City of Houston
- Hon. Robert K. Steel, Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, City of New York
- Linda Douglass, Head, Corporate & Strategic Communications, Atlantic Media Company