Retailers need more than a good deal to make a sale and keep loyal customers coming back. A winning position requires superior strategy, attractive merchandising, efficient operations, targeted marketing, a robust organization, and reliable technology.
A global group of more than a hundred dedicated partners, our practice is the largest consumer and retail consultancy in the world. We work with 17 of the world’s top 25 retailers across all areas of the retail value chain. In the past five years, we have supported clients in more than 1,600 engagements. Our consultants work in close partnership with client executives and pass on expertise by building skills and capabilities.
What we do
We help clients address pressing challenges. Examples include:
- Strategy: Laying the foundations for top-line growth through corporate strategy design, business development, acquisitions, and format renewal.
- Merchandizing: Creating a compelling commercial offer, including assortment management and pricing and promotions.
- Operations: Improving the bottom line through lean retailing, optimized sourcing, best practice supply chain management, and efficient store operations.
- Marketing: Creating tangible value for shoppers by optimizing the marketing mix based on a deep understanding of their needs and values.
- Organization: Getting ready for sustainable success by building robust organizations, superior skills, and smooth change management processes.
- Technology: Supporting the enterprise with reliable technology, ranging from systems architecture and application strategy to hardware sourcing and maintenance.
We have the flexibility and the expertise to create customized solutions for our retail clients, whatever their specific challenges may be.
To help clients stay at the leading edge, we have built advanced expertise and capabilities in the biggest opportunity areas in retail today. Current initiatives include:
- Digital and multichannel excellence: We partner with clients to embrace the opportunities afforded by new platforms, develop comprehensive multichannel strategies, and help them improve overall digital performance.
- Data analytics: We apply advanced analytics to help retailers identify data-driven improvement opportunities in all aspects of their commercial offer.
- Emerging markets: We scout global growth opportunities and develop strategies to help retailers meet the challenges of emerging markets.
In all of these areas, our teams call upon a global network of experts. We partner with leading external specialists, as needed, to provide world-class consulting support. We form performance partnerships with our clients to address issues holistically and create customized solutions that go beyond the obvious.