We help national, state, and local public institutions better serve their constituents by leveraging IT to improve existing services and deliver new ones.
At a time when public finances are under strain, governments must deliver new services and improve existing ones, while operating more efficiently and with greater transparency. Technology is at the core of addressing these challenges. From big data to mobile and social media, the 21st century has ushered in a variety of innovative technologies that can help governments better serve their constituents.
These new technologies present public institutions with a number of important questions: how can we serve a population that is increasingly mobile and more dependent on technology? How do we use social and digital channels to interact with our constituents? How can we leverage the vast amount of data generated daily to better serve the public? How can we use technology to deliver new services? How can we do all of these things while keeping costs down?
What we do
We help governments around the world address these challenges head-on. We draw upon deep client work and best practices from the global public and private sectors to help governments effectively utilize technology. Our strength lies in our unique ability to marry a client’s strategic vision with the operational and technological initiatives necessary to actualize that vision, including IT infrastructure consolidation, application rationalization, IT megaproject value assurance, and lean IT.
Examples of our work
In the past 5 years alone, we have supported more than 2,000 public-sector projects in 85 countries. Many of these projects had a significant focus on IT. Examples include the following:
- working with a federal agency to give healthcare providers greater and easier access to healthcare data and, ultimately, improve the quality of patient care
- helping a national government develop a broad policy on technology best practices and usage guidelines
- supporting a regional government’s efforts to improve operations and collaboration across agencies by consolidating support functions into centralized shared services and centers of excellence
- working with a government agency to create a best-practice IT organization focused on improving existing services and launching new services
- advising a government on cybersecurity risks and helping to develop a strategy for safeguarding IT operations
Through extensive work in both the public and private sectors, we—along with colleagues in our Business Technology Practice—have developed and tested a robust set of proprietary research, data, tools, and solutions that allow us to better serve our clients.