The world’s most comprehensive insurance database includes:
- instant, online access to the largest insurance data source globally
- globally coherent, comprehensive, and granular data sets
- expert-validated forecasts until 2025 for volumes and profits
- regular publications of key insights and qualitative country insights
- experts available for analyzing insurance trends
- support from professional team to address (data-related) questions
The GIP offerings
- The Markets Database contains over 150,000 data points covering the 66 largest insurance countries worldwide and 99 percent of global insurance premiums. It includes financial indicators for every market, from 2000 to the present, and projections to 2025.
- The Local Insurers Database includes key financial indicators for the 15 largest domestic insurers in 16 individual insurance markets, as well as premium data for the 10 largest insurers in more than 50 countries.
- The Global Insurers Database provides financial statement information for over 100 major global insurers, including splits for life insurance and non-life insurance.
- Performance benchmarking allows insurance companies to compare themselves to their peers. This in-depth analysis covers capital markets performance, financial performance for total business, life, and non-life, and country-level performance.
The McKinsey Global Insurance Pools expert team also provides tailored support, insights, and analysis.
How GIP can support an insurance company’s business
- Corporate strategy. A review of an insurer’s global or regional footprint, with detailed market data (including distribution channels, product mix, etc.)
- Strategic plan building. Help setting growth and performance targets for business units, based on projected market developments
- Performance management. A transparent view on out- or under-performance in various markets and business units, based on independent, external market data