We work with leading international machinery companies to make distinctive, lasting, and substantial performance improvements.
The machinery industry is quite diverse and fragmented, and many of our clients face similar challenges. They typically operate in the lower-volume business-to-business market, yet maintain a truly global footprint. As they target high-growth markets around the world, they are facing a new wave of competition from emerging-market countries, and they need agile business and operational models to manage the volatility in market demand.
In order to effectively serve our clients, we have built a committed group of experts focused purely on machinery topics. For example, to help these companies deepen their core competencies of great engineering and design of distinctive products, we work with them to develop finely tuned strategies and detailed customer insights.
Many of our insights have been drawn from high-volume industries, but we have customized each to the environment and the challenges faced by machinery clients. We blend this industry perspective with time-tested business acumen to deliver superior results.
Examples of our work
- We helped a global packaging-machinery player decrease total product cost by 20 percent by optimizing their product and installation processes.
- We helped develop a multi-brand platform- and module strategy for an off-highway-equipment OEM, leading to 7 percentage points of improvement in structured earnings before interest and taxes.
- We worked with a leading company that produced highly engineered and customized products to reduce project complexity, improving cost competitiveness and cutting development time by 30 percent.
- We installed a “supply chain control tower” to create a fast and efficient supply chain as a competitive advantage in the elevator industry, helping a company to reduce work in progress by more than 50 percent.
- We helped an agricultural player build capabilities and IT systems for sustainable implementation, allowing them to improve strategic and transactional pricing, resulting in 3 percentage points in pricing impact.
- We worked with a leading global machinery OEM to develop an aftermarket-and-parts growth strategy, covering both mature and developing markets.