Since 1993, McKinsey's Moscow office has helped implement more than 80 projects for Russian and international oil and gas players and petrochemical companies, both state-owned and private.
Key activities and project examples:
- Strategy development. We assist in developing comprehensive strategies for vertically integrated energy and petrochemical companies, as well as for companies throughout the value chain.
- Investment strategy. We help companies implement high-efficiency investment processes, optimize corporate investment portfolios, and support other major investment projects geared toward improving returns.
- Marketing and sales. We work with functional experts to increase sales profitability through pricing, sales management, and optimization of distribution channels.
- Operations. Our teams support the design and implementation of more efficient processes throughout the enterprise, particularly in purchasing and procurement, where we optimize raw-material purchasing and services to reduce expenses and total cost of ownership.
- Organizational strategy. We collaborate with client executives to design and implement performance-management systems, create new corporate-center organization structures, optimize workforce structure, and identify ways to use IT to streamline operations and improve organization performance.
For more about McKinsey’s experience in oil and gas, visit our global practice homepage.