Appropriate candidates for a junior associate position are those individuals who:
- Have two to four years of work experience after graduating from university or graduate school
- Are a PhD candidate or law-school student at a Japanese university. Students enrolled in an overseas graduate school should follow the application process for their local school as outlined on the global career site.
What junior associates do
Junior associates are responsible for problem solving on a project. They will also be charged with identifying issues, setting and validating hypotheses, interviewing client employees and external experts, gathering and analyzing information from abroad, and preparing proposals, client communications and presentations.
Career path considerations
- Each junior associate will attend extensive basic training upon joining
- A typical path to becoming an associate takes one to two years
- Classes of junior associates start with McKinsey each April and September. Applications are accepted in the year before the month you would like to start.
- Please apply through our global application process. Your application will be routed to the Japan office if you select Japan as a preference.
- Once you proceed to the written exam or interview portion of your candidacy at one office, you will not remain in consideration for other offices. If you would like to be considered at multiple offices, please do not apply separately to each office but apply once through the global application system.
- Please note that an English CV is a required to complete the application.