Simon returned to McKinsey’s Sydney office in 2016, after 6 years at the firm’s Public Sector Practice in Washington, DC. While in the United States, Simon served federal, state, and city governments on a broad range of issues. Specifically, he has led programs on economic- and jobs-growth strategy, agency strategy, transportation policy, infrastructure investments and delivery, government efficiency, and productivity improvement. Simon is passionate about improving the opportunities available to everyday citizens.
His recent experience includes:
- designing a job- and economic-growth strategy for an Australian state
- working with a state government to improve its productivity, with a focus on goods and services
- designing economic growth, transport, land-use, and workforce strategies for an Australian city
- improving the productivity of transport systems in two major US cities
- designing job- and economic-growth strategies for two large US states
- working with a national aviation authority to refresh its strategy and improve its operational efficiency.
|University of New South Wales
||Bachelor in laws, Bachelor in commerce