Greg brings 20 years’ experience from across industries in leading performance-improvement programs and driving organisational change, working in senior line, consulting, and private-equity roles. This includes leading programs in fast-moving consumer goods, retail operations, capital projects, food processing, wholesaling, logistics, energy, and lean systems.
Greg’s passion lies in rapid but pragmatic delivery of changes to existing operating models to drive growth and productivity. He also has significant experience in developing team capabilities and improving service levels while driving these programs with tight financial constraints. Greg’s grounding in operations strategy helps him move key performance levers, and strong pattern recognition allows him to deliver solutions rapidly to address the root causes of inefficiency across all levels of an organisation.
His recent project-delivery experience includes the following:
- leading a 2-year downstream-oil major transformation to cost and schedule, including capital investment, operations turnaround, and union negotiations
- running two multiyear retail-operations turnaround programs that materially reduced shrink, while improving frontline capabilities and service key performance indicators (KPIs)
- delivering a 10 percent margin lift and a 15 percent cost-base reduction over 6 months at a food-manufacturing division presale
- leading an 18-month cost-cutting program in mining operations, including reorganising the workforce, minimising fleet variations, and improving plant productivity
- leading an SKU-rationalisation and product-migration team, reducing range by 30 percent in a multinational manufacturer, maintaining revenue, and increasing margins
- developing and deploying cross-selling training across multiple channels for a market-leading chain, increasing segment revenues by more than 20 percent and satisfaction levels by more than 25 percent
- leading an organisational-change team in delivering over 150 initiatives across 20 mine sites, while achieving over 60 percent improvement in safety KPIs
Greg has also founded and successfully raised angel and round 1–2 funding for six start-ups in digital technology, manufacturing, and service operations.
||MA, social and political science
|University of Otago
||LLB (commercial law), BCom (economics)