What are McKinsey's main publications?
McKinsey publishes across a variety of platforms, and all of our external content is available via the Insights & Publications section of mckinsey.com. This includes stand-alone articles, white papers, and reports, and access is free. Insights & Publications is also the home of McKinsey Quarterly and the McKinsey Global Institute:
- For nearly 50 years, the Quarterly has set the agenda for top managers globally. It includes articles, video, audio, and other content from McKinsey consultants and external experts. For more information, please visit McKinsey Quarterly.
- The McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) is our business and economics research arm. Established in 1990, MGI provides leaders in the commercial, public, and social sectors with facts and insights. For more information, please visit MGI.
Can I reprint or distribute McKinsey publications?
Readers of mckinsey.com can download and print PDF copies of our publications for personal-business, educational, and informational purposes.
Academic institutions may request permission to reprint or distribute content on mckinsey.com (including McKinsey Quarterly and MGI) through Copyright Clearance Center (CCC). To request permission, please visit Copyright.com.
Nonacademic organizations may request permission by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow two to four weeks for us to review and reply to your request.
We do not authorize the use of our content for promotional, sales, or marketing purposes. Please note that we do not supply customized reprints.
How do I obtain permission to republish an article or an excerpted exhibit?
McKinsey allows select publications to republish our articles and exhibits, subject to approval. To request permission to republish an article or exhibit, online or in print, please write to email@example.com with the following information:
- title and publication date of the McKinsey article or exhibit you would like to republish
- name and brief background of your organization
- where online you intend to post the material, the print run of your publication, or the number of photocopies you wish to distribute
- for excerpted exhibits, details of the context in which the exhibit will appear (for example, the chapter or section and the surrounding text)
- contact name for your permissions manager, if applicable
Please note that our reprint licensing policy does not permit altering articles in any way, translating them into other languages, or creating edited excerpts or summaries. We allow select publications to excerpt our exhibits, subject to approval.
We ask that our content be used only for educational, informational, or editorial purposes. We do not authorize the use of our content for sales, marketing, business, or promotional purposes.
Please allow two to four weeks for us to review and reply to your request.
What is the McKinsey Insights app?
The McKinsey Insights app provides mobile access to the latest perspectives from across our industry and functional practices, McKinsey Quarterly, and the McKinsey Global Institute.
The app—available for both iPad and Android devices—allows you to browse and search articles, videos, and podcasts by theme, industry, function, region, and source; to create personalized reading lists that are accessible offline; to be notified when new content is published; and to share articles instantly via e-mail and social networks.
You can install the app directly from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
Other electronic versions of McKinsey publications include McKinsey Global Institute reports, many of which are available for download as Mobi files for Amazon Kindle or as ePub files for several other e-readers.
Does McKinsey accept article submissions?
While the majority of our articles are written by McKinsey consultants and alumni, we do accept submissions from external thought leaders and practitioners. The bar is the same for all authors: we look for thinking that is novel, useful, and rigorously substantiated. For external contributors, we also attach weight to work that sheds light on topics that are a priority for our firm and to submissions from recognized leaders in their field.
To explore whether McKinsey might be interested in publishing your work, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We review both drafts and proposals. If your submission holds promise, we will be in touch to discuss the content and clarify our editorial process.