McKinsey Asia Center
McKinsey Asia Center (MAC) brings together McKinsey’s global network, broad experience, deep expertise, and practical insights to guide our clients through complex international opportunities. We help successful local companies transform into world-class international organizations.
We work with both Western multinational corporations seeking growth and profitability in Asia and with Asia-based companies expanding their businesses in the United States and Europe. We go beyond developing global strategies that look good on paper—we use our global experience and local insights to help clients chart a clear path of action that will help them build a successful global organization .
What we do
We act as a partner throughout the globalization journey, helping our clients expand their business organically or through M&A. We focus on:
- Enhancing performance by improving the effectiveness of global operations, systems, organization, and governance
- Understanding local business environments and customs
- Sharing detailed market intelligence and insights on sector trends and regulatory changes
- Developing a team of executives with the global acumen to operate in cross-cultural environments
- Connecting clients with leading institutions, agencies, companies, and regulators in foreign countries in preparation for expansion
More than 50 MAC experts support our clients during their globalization journey. These leaders possess deep industry and functional expertise, international experience, cross-cultural and language skills, and a thorough knowledge of local markets—from the business environment to regulatory issues.