What we do
We work with all participants in the generics industry, including independent companies, the generics divisions of large corporations, active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufacturers, specialty pharmaceutical companies, private-equity players, wholesalers, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), and payors. Our work has covered a wide range of topics, including R&D, strategy, operations, marketing, organization, post-merger management, and due diligence. For instance, we offer a benchmarking and diagnostic tool to assess R&D performance.
Recent examples of our work
- We helped a pharmaceutical company develop a comprehensive perspective on the future of the European generics industry. Key activities included conducting extensive stakeholder interviews, building quantitative models, and developing strategies for growth.
- We supported a pharmaceutical company in exploring the potential for biosimilars in a specific market, conducting in-depth interviews with physicians, payors, and industry experts. We also studied the overall market and quantified the potential opportunities for four short-listed molecules.
- We worked with a European generics player to develop a completely new supply chain, addressing local needs while achieving global synergies. Our recommendations are expected to reduce the cost of goods sold by 20 percent to 25 percent, increase delivery accuracy, and reduce stock level by about 70 percent.
- For a large innovator facing multiple patent expirations, we supported the development of a market entry strategy for the generics market, helping the client identify several potential options.
- We assisted a pharmaceutical company in identifying and assessing opportunities for branded generics in the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Asia. To understand the elements of a winning strategy, we helped the client assess the moves made by the most successful players and analyze the most successful molecules.
In keeping with the goals of our practice, we emphasize industry outreach. For instance, we recently convened a Generics CEO Summit for more than 30 CEOs and industry leaders, providing an important forum for knowledge sharing and networking. Key discussion topics included healthcare systems in established markets, biosimilars, trends in emerging markets, and complexity management.
We have also attended and presented at key external industry conferences, including those sponsored by the European Generic Medicines Association and the Convention on Pharmaceutical Ingredients (CPhI).