We help clients to tailor their services to and beyond customers’ expectations, while achieving business aims regarding cost and profitability. Working closely with clients at all levels is the only way to lay the foundation for continuous improvement. We go beyond physical system design to address management infrastructure and employees’ attitudes and behavior, thereby ensuring the client’s ability to lead change independently.
We focus on five main areas:
- Lean in service industries. Lean and Six Sigma are among the principles we apply to service operations with the aim of transforming the client’s organization. Each solution is tailored to the client’s specific needs.
- Sales transformation. The lean services approach is also applied to the sales organization to maximize growth and productivity.
- Aftermarket parts and services. We build and improve aftersales service businesses, covering the delivery of parts and services through the entire lifecycle of a product. Areas addressed include the key service delivery model, distributed service network operations (with emphasis on quality improvement), and cost reduction.
- Customer care. We design strategies to transform the customer-facing parts of operations from sales to service. We choose distribution channels, design lean processes, and recommend outsourcing and offshoring practices.
- Business support functions. We optimize organizations’ overhead functions such as finance, accounting, and human resources by drawing on a wide portfolio of tools, including external benchmarks and the measurement of internal capabilities. Depending on the diagnosis, improvement levers can include demand management, process redesign and automation, consolidation, and new sourcing strategies such as outsourcing and offshoring. These levers are commonly applied in programs focused on shared-service-center design, optimizing operations overhead, and corporate center design.