We take a fully cross-functional approach; working closely with strategy, technology, engineering, marketing, purchasing, and production. We apply our expert knowledge to product and operational improvement by transferring best practices across industries, creating customized next practices for our clients, and effectively applying our consultants’ deep industry-specific experience.
Most often, we work directly on specific products, roadmaps, and portfolios, creating top-line value and institutionalizing capabilities to sustain best practices around a set of core concepts:
- Design-to-value—we combine aggressive product cost management (design-to-cost) with rigorous understanding of customer insights to deliver attractive product lines with the optimal level of market coverage, product margin, and reduced operational complexity.
- Ideas to launch—we help to develop new product concepts using consumer, business and technology insights and then accelerate development and commercialization.
- Portfolio management—we reshape and increase the value of R&D portfolios, develop technology roadmaps and install management processes to align with corporate strategy and rebalance over time.
We also help our clients fundamentally transform their R&D and product development systems and organizations to improve and sustain performance in the following critical areas:
- Speeding up time to market—we enable clients to reap early-mover price premiums and achieve higher market penetration.
- Increasing the efficiency of R&D spend and freeing up innovation capacity—we uncover savings that in most cases are reinvested into additional growth projects not otherwise feasible (often because of limited R&D capacity).
- Reducing development risk—we turn around troubled projects and mitigate risk in cases where deadlines have already been missed and successful project completion is threatened.
- Improving R&D capability—we help companies build the right long term organizational footprint, structure and capabilities for leadership in a global marketplace.