Our consultants help ad sales teams develop new strategies and approaches for a market characterized by significant shifts in media consumption, faster cycle times for ad-formats, and new entrants in the marketplace.
We find that clients are looking for assistance offering distinctive products, developing ways to accurately evaluate the return on investment from new media advertising, and finding better ways to meet the needs of advertisers.
What we do
Our teams help media companies improve ad sales in four primary ways:
Improving sales strategy
We help media companies improve the performance of their advertising products by improving their sales-force effectiveness, instituting better inventory management and smarter pricing, and ensuring that value propositions are clearly articulated.
Synchronizing go-to market approach with strategy
By partnering with ad sales teams, we help them rethink the lines of integration between their online and offline sales forces and better match their go-to-market strategy to their business model, their channels, and their customers’ needs.
Adopting performance management for ad sales teams
We create a performance culture within ad sales organizations by helping managers focus on the essentials: identifying business needs, setting targets, measuring results, evaluating performance and rewarding individuals.
Optimizing sales support and operations
We help ad sales teams optimize the sales process and improve performance by analyzing pre- and post-sales customer support, customer lifecycle management data, and other performance metrics.
Examples of our work
- Helped a Latin American TV broadcaster refine its ad pricing across audience groups, resulting in a 30 percent increase in ad sales revenue within three months.
- Redesigned the advertising sales operations of a multi-property cable network to take advantage of cross-network opportunities, increase focus on key accounts, and execute a more solutions-based sales approach.
- Helped a global media company create and deliver cross-platform advertising packages targeted by customer research, resulting in a 10-15 percent increase in sales and greater advertiser satisfaction.
Proprietary tools and insights
Our investments in proprietary research and tools help media companies improve ad sales performance. Examples include:
- AdBox is a full toolkit that helps sales organizations improve on all dimensions, from sales strategy to go-to-market approach, with a focus on best practices in organization design, processes, and capabilities.
- Sales Growth uses predictive analytics as well as tech-enabled sales approaches to help companies identify and reach underserved markets and segments accurately and quickly.
- Ad Sales Benchmarking is a proprietary database of benchmarks and practices that distinguish high-performing ad sales organizations (in both traditional and digital media).