We work with clients to prioritize their marketing spend across geographies and products, define the right messages for their customers, and find the optimal mix of vehicles among today’s wide variety of media types.
Achieving exceptional return on marketing investments begins with a systematic understanding of what creates value for the customer, followed by a strategic assessment of spending priorities based on those insights across geographies, products, and brands. We bring our clients the right tools and analytic approaches to precisely measure and optimize return on marketing spend and brand investments, while helping them build the skills to sustain ongoing marketing effectiveness.
What we do
- Create a transparent view of marketing spend effectiveness
We help clients determine where their marketing dollars are going and how effective they are when they get there.
- Increase the impact of marketing spend and brand investments
We sort out where to best allocate scarce resources, based on a clear understanding of objectives and exact measurement of performance. By helping clients continually define the objectives for any given brand, we provide the clarity need to allocate funds against marketing priorities while carefully balancing immediate sales goals with investments in longer-term brand equity.
- Implement across the client organization
Our holistic understanding of a business allows us to collaborate effectively with our clients in optimizing marketing spend. We help find and exploit the leverage that exists across every level of the client organization and its marketing activities.
- Institutionalize world-class capabilities
Ultimately, marketing spend effectiveness is about marketers and their capabilities, mind-sets, processes, and incentives. When it comes to getting the most from marketing investments, organizational factors are fundamental. We help clients organize for digital leadership by aligning their teams and infrastructure to best achieve exceptional return on their marketing investments.
Examples of our work
- Helped a mobile-telecommunications company improve the effectiveness of a reduced marketing budget
- Worked with a confectionery CMO to make informed trade-offs across marketing spend by comparing short- and long-term ROI
- Helped a food-and-drink industry player conduct a companywide transformation of its marketing and sales capability, including a review of marketing spending in nine top media markets as well as promotional and trade spending
- Worked with a telecommunications CMO to generate a granular view of the impact and return of marketing spend from each of the company’s major marketing investments
Proprietary tools and solutions
McKinsey’s Reach-Cost-Quality (RCQ) media mix optimization tool provides the most relevant criteria to measure marketing effectiveness, allowing precise allocation of funds across marketing vehicles.