Robert leads the Infrastructure practice in the Americas. He also holds leadership positions in the Private Equity and Electric Power & Natural Gas practices. Based in Toronto, Robert won recognition as one of Canada’s Top 40 under 40, an award presented to citizens who are outstanding leaders in their chosen fields.
Robert works with investors looking to participate in infrastructure assets, either directly or through public-private partnerships. He has extensive experience with energy and transit assets, in particular. Among Robert’s clients are pension funds, private equity funds, and corporations. His recent projects have involved:
- Working with one of the fastest-growing pension funds in Canada to design infrastructure, buyout, venture capital, secondary market, and real estate strategies
- Advising a global energy infrastructure company on investment opportunities in natural gas, electric, and petroleum infrastructure assets
- Establishing a public-private partnership for a North American nuclear power plant
- Supporting a leading alternative asset manager as it designed a global infrastructure strategy
- Working with a global energy company to develop a comprehensive infrastructure strategy that addresses opportunities in ports, toll roads, airports, and asset management
- Helping a national government design the strategy and organizational structure for a public-private partnership program in North America and Southeast Asia.
He serves on the board of the Munk School of Global Affairs and the United Jewish Appeal of Toronto, where he sits on the governance, human resources, and audit committees.
“Infrastructure productivity: How to save $1 trillion a year,” McKinsey Global Institute, January 2013
“The future of private equity,” McKinsey Quarterly, April 2009
“Opening up to investors,” McKinsey Quarterly, January 2009
“Communicating with the right investors,” McKinsey Quarterly, April 2008
“How investors can get more out of infrastructure,” McKinsey Quarterly, February 2008
|University of Western Ontario
|University of Toronto
||BA in International Relations