Chris is a co-leader of McKinsey’s Lean IT service line and serves clients across Asia on management issues covering strategy, organization, marketing & sales, operations, and IT. Chris is a co-leader of our Business Technology Practice in Asia and of our Asia Financial Services Operations and Technology practices.
Recent work includes:
- Working with an Asian insurance company to redesign its target operating model across the region, including simplifying product suite
- Setting up a centralized operations center for a Thai life insurer
- Working with an Asian life insurance company on its IT strategy
- Setting up a shared-service operations center in China for a large insurer
- Working with a general insurer to develop its regional IT operating model and improve the effectiveness of its IT ADM shared-services center in Manila
Chris joined McKinsey in 1996 and transferred to Hong Kong in 2002 after working extensively in Europe. Before McKinsey, Chris worked at Cambridge Technology Partners, a software engineering company in Amsterdam and London, and at SmithKline Beecham.
“China UnionPay: Stepping onto the global stage
,” McKinsey on Payments
, July 2011 (PDF–200 KB)
|University of Cambridge (Queens College)
||MA in computer science