Brad is a senior member of McKinsey’s Insurance and Business Technology Practices in North America. Brad also leads McKinsey's Center for Business Technology, the Firm's research arm on emerging technology trends.
He works with corporations to restructure their operations, IT organizations, and systems plans; implement best-in-class infrastructure improvements; and devise competitive IT strategies.
Recent engagements have included:
- working with a carrier’s management team to make targeted investments in specific underwriting approaches, models, external data, and architectural changes
- developing a digital innovation agenda for a personal lines carrier
- working with the head of a global insurance carrier to design and implement a more efficient global IT model
- leading an effort with a US life insurance carrier to redesign its operations footprint, processes, and supporting technology, reducing run rate expenses by over 20 percent while improving turnaround time and producer productivity
- directing the speed-to-market and new-product development efforts within a national insurer.
“Perspectives on digital business,” McKinsey Center for Business Technology, 2012
“How strategic is our technology agenda?” McKinsey Quarterly, October 2011
“Are you ready for the era of 'big data'?” McKinsey Quarterly, October 2011
“Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity,” McKinsey Global Institute, Spring 2011
“Capturing the upside of technology-driven threats,” (PDF–2.7 MB), Brad Brown, Seth Schuler, and Johnson Sikes, October 2011
“How a grocery giant puts technology at the center of innovation: An interview with Coop Centrale’s CEO Massimo Bongiovanni,” Brad Brown, Lorenzo Forina, and Johnson Sikes, September 2011
“Elevating Technology on the Boardroom Agenda,” (PDF–801 KB), Brad Brown, Michael Bloch, Chris Ip, August 2012
“Mobility Disruption: A CIO Perspective,” (PDF–637 KB), Brad Brown, Janaki Akella, Greg Gilbert, Lawrence Wong, September 2012
|Arthur D. Little, Inc.
|University of Pennsylvania, Wharton