Training and learning
Each year, people join McKinsey bringing an incredible set of skills, abilities, interests, and degrees. We don't, however, expect you to bring everything you need, so we invest more than $100 million each year in training for our people. Our mission is to help you develop your skills, your relationships, your confidence, and your future.
From Embark, our intensive basic consultant readiness training program, which teaches you how McKinsey teams serve clients and helps you start your own network of colleagues, to specialized learning in technology, industry, or functional areas, learning is continual at McKinsey.
We have a core set of programs most consultants take at some point in their careers and are constantly developing new in-person and digital or virtual programs to support you along your tenure. Most people at McKinsey will take part in a mix of in-person learning, which will include colleagues from around the world, and virtual training, which can teach you about a specific topic or refresh and expand your consulting skills. Examples of learning programs include:
- Embark, our signature program you'll take within the first 2 weeks of joining, is an introduction to our problem-solving methods and how we work... and a fun way to get to know your peers
- training for those from specific backgrounds and at certain experience levels—such as business analyst training, experienced hire workshops, or mini-MBA for those joining from non-business advanced-degree programs
- introductory leadership and influencing skills workshops for those transitioning from associate to engagement manager
- team leadership and management training for consultants learning to lead teams independently
- client leadership workshops to support people transitioning to senior positions
Follow your passion