Each year, people join McKinsey and bring an incredible set of skills, abilities, interests, and degrees. We don't, however, expect you to bring everything you need, so we invest more than $100 million each year in training for our people.
From Basic Consulting Readiness (BCR) training, which teaches you how McKinsey teams serve clients and helps you start your own network of colleagues, to specialized training that reflects your interest in technology, industry, or functional areas, training and learning are continual at McKinsey.
We provide a suite of extensive, in-person training programs that are designed to provide support at, or before, each transition point in your tenure, all of which include colleagues from around the world. For example:
- BCR training—within the first 2 weeks after joining, this is an introduction to our problem-solving methods
- training for those from specific backgrounds and at certain experience levels—such as business analyst training, experienced hire workshops, or mini-MBA training for those joining from non-business advanced-degree programs
- introductory leadership and influencing skills workshops for those transitioning from associate to engagement manager
- team leadership and management training for consultants beginning to lead teams independently
- client leadership workshops to support individuals transitioning to more senior positions
You may also choose from e-learning courses or participate in something like our Secondment Leadership Program, which allows you to work directly with private and social sector organizations for 6 to 12 months.
Whatever you choose, our mission is to help you develop—develop your skills, your relationships, your confidence, and your future.
Follow your passion