We are committed to building the leaders of tomorrow. As part of that commitment, we are proud to offer a Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program. This program, which is part of our Firm-wide effort to attract top diversity talent, joins our strong network of existing programs to serve Black Client Service Staff (BCSS) and Hispanic/Latino Client Service Staff (HLCSS).
Our Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program provides a highly select group of Black and/or Hispanic/Latino undergraduate students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey & Company. Candidates who are currently college sophomores at U.S. universities are eligible to apply. As part of this unique program, Diversity Sophomore Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work in Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, New York, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C.
- Rotate through experiences designed to give interns real-world experience with the broad range of work McKinsey consultants do, including serving clients as well as helping to build McKinsey's internal knowledge and capabilities
- Build critical new skills within a training program specifically designed for the Diversity Sophomore Leaders Internship program
- Participate in a number of social activities throughout the summer to help them get to know our Firm culture, interact with other summer interns, as well as members of our BCSS & HLCSS communities
At the end of the summer, successful interns will receive an offer to join us as a Summer Business Analyst for the following summer between their junior and senior years.
Ideal candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Sophomores who plan to graduate in the spring of 2017
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics
- Initiative-taking and leadership skills in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
- Genuine interest in a business and find problem solving exhilarating
- Enjoy working in teams
Your resume does not need to be tailored for McKinsey, but we encourage you to highlight teamwork and leadership experiences from both high school and college. Examples may include work with student government, varsity sports, or a debate team. Additionally, please list on your resume any scholarships and awards that you received in high school and/or college (e.g., National Honor Society, National AP Scholar, Gates Millennium Scholar–this list is not exhaustive).
Events & Key Contact Information
The deadline for the 2015 Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program has passed. Please check back in August 2015 for more details on next year's program.
Should you have any questions about the internship, please email Sasha Richards.
Learn more about the diversity networks at McKinsey and meet our people.