Your team may include consultants from any one of our 95+ locations worldwide. You’ll also work closely with client executives and managers, who often become trusted colleagues.
While every project is unique, we always take a fact-based approach to addressing client issues.
Activities you’ll typically take on to reach your recommendations include:
- Interview clients, their suppliers, or their customers.
- Talk with experts across McKinsey for specialized knowledge.
- Conduct primary and secondary research.
- Gather and analyze data.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas and insights.
- Discuss the implications of fresh data for the overall problem at hand.
- Synthesize conclusions and develop recommendations.
- Present conclusions to client senior executives.
- Work intensely with clients to implement recommendations.
- Build client capabilities to sustain results in the long run.